Varèse Sarabande and Craft Recordings have announced the upcoming release of Little Richard: I Am Everything: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, featuring music from Lisa Cortés’ documentary. The album offers a 14-track collection of Little Richard’s hit songs, such as “Tutti Frutti,” “Good Golly, Miss Molly,” “Rip It Up,” and “Long Tall Sally,” plus two previously-unreleased covers from Valerie June and Cory Henry, and a piece from the film’s original score, composed by Tamar-kali.
The soundtrack is available to stream or download on all digital platforms, with the CD format arriving in September 2023, and the vinyl coming December 2023. Alongside the black LP, fans can also find a Tutti Frutti-color pressing of the album exclusively at VareseSarabande.com and CraftRecordings.com.
Produced by Bungalow Media + Entertainment for CNN Films and (HBO) Max, in association with Rolling Stone Films, director Lisa Cortés’ Sundance 2023 opening night documentary tells the story of the Black queer origins of Rock ’n’ Roll, revealing the innovator and originator to be Richard Penniman.
In interviews with Little Richard’s family and friends, legendary musicians and artists like Mick Jagger, Tom Jones, Billy Porter, Paul McCartney, Nile Rodgers, John Waters, and Black and queer scholars, the film reveals how the architect of rock ’n’ roll created “an art form for ultimate self-expression.”
- Good Golly, Miss Molly – Little Richard
- Strange Things Happening Every Day – Valerie June
- Baby (demo) – Little Richard
- I’m Just A Lonely Guy (All Alone) – Little Richard
- Tutti Frutti – Little Richard and His Band
- Long Tall Sally – Little Richard and His Band
- Lucille – Little Richard and His Band
- Bama Lama Bama Loo – Little Richard
- Rip It Up – Little Richard and His Band
- Ready Teddy – Little Richard and His Band
- The Girl Can’t Help It – Little Richard and His Band
- Send Me Some Lovin’ – Little Richard and His Band
- Tutti Frutti – Cory Henry
- Legacy – Tamar-kali