[Top Photo L to R: Dionne Warwick, Carmen Vandenberg, Meredith Brooks, MILCK, Yvette Young. Middle: Lyndsey Parker, Sherri Chung, Julie Robbins. Leslie Gaston-Bird. Bottom: EveAnna Manley, Susan Larkin, Lzzy Hale, Katie Daryl, Tenille Arts. Photos courtesy of She Rocks]
The Women’s International Music Network (the WiMN) has announced honorees Meredith Brooks, MILCK, EveAnna Manley, Sherri Chung, Leslie Gaston-Bird, Lyndsey Parker, Julie Robbins and Susan Larkin, for its 10th annual She Rocks Awards celebrating and honoring female artists, industry executives and media personalities throughout the music landscape.
They are joining these recently announced distinguished honorees for the 2022 She Rocks Awards: Iconic singer, actress, television host and former UN Goodwill Ambassador Dionne Warwick, Grammy-nominated guitarist and BONES UK co-founder Carmen Vandenberg, and multi-instrumentalist Yvette Young, the front-woman for the math rock band Covet.
The 10th Annual She Rocks Awards ceremony will take place at 6:30 pm PT on Thursday, June 2, 2022, at a new location, The Ranch in Anaheim, California, and will be streamed live. The event will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual components, to adjust to the current times and worldwide fanbase that was created during last year’s all-virtual event.
The evening will include live music performances, awards and speeches, celebrity appearances, a fabulous online silent auction, and much more. All packages and tickets are available for pre-order now.
The 2022 She Rocks Awards recipients include:
- Dionne Warwick – Six-time GRAMMY® and Lifetime Achievement Award recipient, multi-platinum iconic singer, actress, television host, former UN Goodwill Ambassador and interior designer with her own WG Design Lab
- Meredith Brooks – singer-songwriter and guitarist celebrating the 25th anniversary of her single ”Bitch”
- Carmen Vandenberg – lead guitarist and one half of the GRAMMY®-nominated rock duo BONES UK
- MILCK – singer/songwriter, leading advocate for women’s rights and celebrated role model within the music industry
- Yvette Young – guitarist and front-woman for the math rock band Covet
- EveAnna Manley – president, Manley Laboratories aka “The Tube Chick”
- Sherri Chung – Award-winning film and TV composer and Governor of the Music Branch of the Television Academy
- Leslie Gaston-Bird – mixer, sound editor, author and a champion of diversity in the audio industry
- Lyndsey Parker – Yahoo Entertainment Music Editor, SiriusXM host and author
- Susan Larkin – Chief Operating Officer, Audacy
- Julie Robbins – CEO of effects pedal manufacturer Earthquaker Devices
Hosted by PRS Guitars, this year’s opening performer will be Canada’s singer/songwriter/guitarist Tenille Arts, who was recently nominated for an Academy of Country Music Award for New Female Artist of the Year as well as a Juno Award for Country Album of the Year for her album, Girl to Girl.
Meredith Brooks, who will also perform at the event, is celebrating the 25th Anniversary of her ground-breaking smash hit “Bitch,” originally released in March 1997 from her multi-platinum album Blurring the Edges. Brooks also received nominations for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance and Best Rock Song at the 40th Annual Grammy Awards that year.
I am excited to be a part of the She Rocks Awards especially on their 10th anniversary, and am honored to be receiving the Trailblazer Award. I look forward to performing and sharing the night with the other talented female nominees. I know it will be a great celebration!